Crystallization of Milk Report
1. We have to prepare the material before doing the experiment
2. Put milk inside the zip lock bag
3. Put the ice in bucket and put ice on only one side
4. Then, put the zip lock bag on that side
5. Put the ice on top the zip lock bag and put salt on it
6. Push and pull the ice to the zip lock bag by test tube rack.Do this step until the milk freeze and put some toppings in the zip lock bag.
7. Take out ice cream to box and enjoy eating
- Zip lock bag
Result after the experimentIt uses a long time to make the milk to freeze like ice-cream which we use ice and put salt on the top of the ice which is the best way to keep a low temperature.The ice-cream tastes good when we put the topping on the top.This experiment we want to test crystallization of milk and know how milk is crystallization.
1) why do we add salt to the ice?
Ans. It makes ice to freeze together and can keep the cooling more than in the past.Moreover, it will melt slower and make low temperature.
2) why do we add the cookies and other things, only after the milk has frozen slightly
Ans. When we add the stuff inside ice cream, it will take a long time to freeze.
3) what are two factors that affect the freezing you think?
Ans. Movement and temperature
4) why do you need a bit of air in the bag?
Ans. We need air to have space to touch the ice or to make a milk move to contact the ice.